Bord na nÓg, CCC1 & CCC2 would like to update you on the current status in the world of Dublin GAA Juveniles.
The GAA on Wednesday advised there would be no return to play until April. The Croke Park statement said “ it is expected that the Government will publish an updated ‘Living with Covid’ plan and we expect that this will provide clarity on when clubs and counties are likely to be allowed return to training and games in 2021”. The Government is due to publish an update to its ‘Living with Covid’ document in the last week of February.
The good news from a juvenile perspective is I believe all parties recognise the importance of sport and physical activity to children and hopefully, our young players as soon as possible can initially get back to underage training on a non-contact basis in pods of up to 15.
However, as Uachtarán John Horan said “everybody within the GAA family would love to be back playing games and training in the morning but look, we’ve always acted with safety and responsibility as the key tenets of our decision-making process and that will remain and that’s why we’re not in any rush to come back at the moment because we don’t feel it’s safe or responsible.”
We issued our Master Juvenile Fixture Calendar for the 2021 Season in the middle of January. We proposed to commence CCC2 activity ( U13 to U16) on Saturday, 6th March with the CCC1 programme ( U8 to U12) starting a week later. I can confirm that we have built flexibility into that calendar and have several scenarios provisionally to call upon once a probable start date is known.
In the meantime, I will like to thank Club Officers for furnishing a lot of information in recent weeks to allow us to issue the following :
REVISED Proposed CCC2 Football Gradings for 2021 Season issued 08/02
CCC1 Go Games proposed Football gradings for 2021 season circulated 10/02
The closing date for 2021 Dublin GAA Juvenile Hurling entries is this Friday 12th February. Thanks to all the Clubs who have returned the 2021 Dublin GAA Juvenile Football Contacts Directory capture file.
The above information will allow both CCC1 and CCC2 plan and prepare so our games can commence without delay.
We will continue to keep you updated as we take guidance from the Health Authorities and Croke Park.
Yours in Sport,
Damian Ó Murchú
Coiste na nÓg Átha Cliath