Connect With Dublin GAA

Visit DubsTV
Club News


Mon, 1st July 2024

Naomh Mearnóg were crowned Go Ahead Dublin Adult Hurling League Division 3 winners as they overcame Na Fianna by 2-19 to 0-15 in Páirc Mearnóg last Wednesday night.

Their success was just reward for a dominant campaign that saw them undefeated for the duration and they set the tone in the first-half as they entered the break with a healthy 2-13 to 0-7 advantage.

The goals came through the influential Bernard Deay and Josh Phillips while the free-taking of Liam Mullins helped push Mearnóg further clear as the contest evolved.

Mullins finished the game with 0-9 to his name with Deay (1-3), Seán Hawkshaw (0-3) and Joey Kinnane (0-2) also making solid contributions on the scoreboard as the hosts registered just four wides over the hour.

In contrast, Na Fianna shot eleven wides and while they improved significantly in the second-half, they failed to close the gap sufficiently with the likes of Tom Cosgrove, Harry Byrne, Ian Moran and Chris Farrelly all excelling for the league winners.

They ensured their perfect record on Friday night when edging Round Towers Clondalkin by 1-18 to 1-16 at Monastery Road.

Meanwhile, on Sunday morning, Clontarf grabbed the remaining promotion berth to Division 2 as they eased past Naomh Olaf by 2-13 to 0-9 at St Anne’s Park.

Corner-back Aaron Casey delivered an exceptional display for the hosts with Martin Byrne and Kevin Byrne also to the fore.

The damage was done up front by Kevin Lillis and Mikey Devine, who scored 1-2 apiece, leaving Clontarf two points clear of third placed Commercials.

At the opposite end of the table, St Maur’s finished in bottom place and they will be joined in Division 4 next year by a Ballyboden St Enda’s team that had their fate sealed when succumbing to O’Toole’s by 1-18 to 1-7 in Ballycullen.

In Go Ahead Dublin Adult Hurling League Division 4, Lucan Sarsfields claimed the title with a hard-fought 1-19 to 2-13 victory over promotion-chasing Crumlin at the 12th Lock.

Daragh Meehan’s excellence from placed balls was a key factor for the hosts with his personal tally of 1-8 including eight points from frees.

Despite the concession of two goals, Lucan remained on track thanks to three points by Donal Flannery and two points apiece from Charlie Mulqueen, Colm Keenan and Brendan Kavanagh with Joey Dunne and Paddy Ryan also among their scorers.

The second promotion spot remains undecided but Cuala did their chances no harm whatsoever in terms of their points difference as they cruised past Faughs by 3-28 to 2-12 in Tymon Park.

That leaves the Dalkey side two points clear of Crumlin, who still have to play relegated St Oliver Plunkett’s/Eoghan Ruadh in their final match.

Joining Plunkett’s in AHL5 next year are a St Mark’s team that registered their first league win of the year when winning the basement battle by 2-17 to 1-18 in Martin Savage Park on Friday night.

Go Ahead AHL3: Ballyboden St Enda’s 1-7 O’Toole’s 1-18; Round Towers Clondalkin 1-16 Naomh Mearnóg 1-18; Naomh Fionnbarra 4-13 Bray Emmets 4-19; Commercials w/o St Maur’s scr; Clontarf 2-13 Naomh Olaf 0-9; Na Fianna w/o St Vincent’s scr.

Go Ahead AHL4: Lucan Sarsfields 1-19 Crumlin 2-13; St Peregrine’s 3-15 Skerries Harps 3-15; Good Counsel/Liffey Gaels 1-12 Kevins 0-8; St Oliver Plunkett’s/ER 1-18 St Mark’s 2-17; Clanna Gael Fontenoy w/o Kilmacud Crokes scr; Faughs 2-12 Cuala 3-28. 

Share This With Your Friends

Add To Facebook Share On Twitter